The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Many people already experience and understand the benefits of regular massage therapy. Beyond relaxation and reducing the symptoms of stress, there are real health maintenance benefits including:
- Reducing or eliminating pain.
- Improving joint mobility.
- Improving circulation.
- Improving lymphatic drainage.
- Reducing muscular tension.
What does a massage do for the body?
Registered Massage Therapists have a great deal of training in the soft tissues of the body so we can work with the muscles, joints and fascial structures of the body to reduce or eliminate pain and rehabilitate the body from injuries. By eliminating soft tissue restrictions, massage therapy can help people achieve a greater range of motion or proper body alignment / posture.
Massage therapists work with the muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments of the body to return the proper tone and function. This can release nerves and deeper connective tissues which may be the source of discomfort or pain we experience.
What are the benefits of getting a massage?
Some of the typical conditions or reasons people come to see massage therapists include:
- Rehabilitation or Recovery from Injuries or Surgery
- Fractures and Edema
- Strains and Sprains
- Pre and Post Natal Support
- Sports Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Repetitive Strain Injuries such as Tendinitis
- Inflammatory Conditions such as Arthritis & Bursitis
- Dislocations or Subluxations
- Postural Misalignment – pelvic tilt, kyphosis, scoliosis
- Back, leg and neck pain
- Headaches and Stress Related Symptoms
- Muscle Tension and Spasms
And, these are just to name a few of the typical conditions which many of us face daily.
What does a massage do for you?
Whether you sit all day or stand all day at work, our bodies go through a good deal of exertion to maintain these rather sedentary postures and we may experience these consequences in a variety of different ways.
If you’d like to:
- Reduce pain from sitting or standing all day
- Avoid carpal tunnel syndrome
- Reduce soft tissue impingements which may result in numbness or tingling
- Ease muscle or joint pains
- De-stress or feel more relaxed
- Improve your sleep
- Reduce headaches
- Boost your immunity
These are all good indicators that massage therapy would help you.
BOOK A MASSAGE TODAY